Monday, August 22, 2011

Bingara


There is a great camp site 6 Kms from Bingara
on the banks of the Gwydir River.

The birdlife is prolific including these two Herons.

View of the Bingara township from the lookout.

 Two more BT's joined us.
Bryn, Theresa, Todd and Sally from Sydney and Port MacQuarrie.

Todd and Bryn had new Chevrolet Silverado's so I
was in Chevy heaven.

The Roxy
Circa 1936
http://www.roxybingara.com.au/

Todd, Sally, Chris and myself went into town and did a tour of the
recently restored Roxy Theatre .





I loved this Peanut dispenser.



File pic of the original floor which was discovered hidden under carpet.

"Where's the jukebox?" you may ask, as did I.
Jukeboxes did not evolve until the 1950's.




The original Peter's Cafe neon sign found in a local property and restored.

File pic of the original glass signage sent away for restoration.

Rosco, Chris, Sally and Todd.


As we find in many country towns some buildings have murals painted on otherwise bland walls.
I have decided to dedicate a small part of my Blog to those unsung artists.




No comments: